Tips, Tips and More Tips
(refer also to Reading
Labels and Terms Table)
- We cannot stress this enough - Read every label - every time!
- Store made bakery items are not always labeled with the possibility
of nuts - be sure to ask the bakery staff about the risk.
- In general, the larger the bakery, the better the labeling standards.
Not all bakeries label their food with ingredients lists.
- Avoid imported foods with foreign ingredient labels. If unsure of
an ingredients meaning - don't buy the product.
- Avoid prepared and frozen desserts and candy unless you have received
verification from the manufacturer that it is safe to consume.
- Have a pad and pen with you when you shop. If you have a question
about a product, write down the product name and the manufacturer’s
phone number or address. Utilize the info in Manufacturer's to contact
For many more tips, see the Peanut Allergy